Your summer home maintenance checklist
July 06, 2021
Summer is often the time to unwind and enjoy the warm New Jersey weather. While we're sure you don't want to spend your entire summer tackling home maintenance projects, some upkeep is just part of the job as a homeowner. No matter if you've already started or looking to play catch up, our team at A.J. Perri compiled your ultimate summer home maintenance checklist – along with a few pieces of advice.
Take a look below to see what still needs to be added to your to-do list.
- Change your air filter: No matter the season, changing your air filter should always be on the list. It's one of the simplest ways to keep your heating and cooling system running smoothly and keep your family from breathing in dust and bacteria. Here's how we can help.
- Check your paint: Summer is a great time to inspect the interior and exterior of your home for necessary paint touch-ups. You'll want to look for any chipped, faded, or cracked areas.
- Have your air conditioner tuned up: The last thing you want is for your A/C to go out unexpectedly during a heatwave. Our professional team at A.J. Perri can take this task off your hands so you can get back to enjoying summer. Learn more.
- Clean your windows: You'd be surprised how much more light shines through when your windows are cleaned both inside and out.
- Clear sink and tub drain: We don't think much about our drains until they stop working. Now is the perfect time to take steps to prevent your drains from clogging during the cooler months. Our expert plumbers have the knowledge and tools to help get the job done. Learn more.
- Clean backed-up showerheads and faucets: New Jersey's hard water can be a hassle if you let the calcium and lime build up. Hard water can be the difference between a relaxing and tolerable shower experience. Here's our tip – fill a bag with white vinegar and tie it over your showerheads and faucets to let the built-up areas soak. The next day the build-up will be a thing of the past.
- Test alarms: Be sure to take time to ensure your fire alarms and smoke detectors are working correctly. This 5-minute check could save your family's life in case of an emergency.
- Clean garbage disposal: This can be quickly done by grinding a couple of ice cubes and then tossing in some baking soda before rinsing with hot water.
While there are tons of things you could be doing this summer, we hope you get the chance to make time to care for your home and overall heating and cooling system. The team at A.J. Perri would love to assist with home maintenance projects. Chat with a representative and schedule an appointment by calling [csad_phone].
Last Updated: September 13, 2023