Make Money with Your Tax Return: Invest in Your Home
April 10, 2017
It's that time of year again, tax season! Filing taxes has everyone thinking about finances. “What deductions was I able to make?”
“How much am I getting back?”
While they may not seem relevant to your HVAC system, both these questions are. If you didn't know already, upgrading your furnace, air conditioner, and other home appliances can give you tax credits. This makes them the perfect investment for your tax return money. Not only do you get credit for next year, but you'll also save on heating and cooling cost for years.
What you do with your tax return isn't an easy decision, that's why we've created this list of ways to spend your tax return that will get your investment back!
- Upgrade to an energy efficient furnace.
- Upgrade to an energy efficient air conditioner.
- Upgrade to an energy efficient water heater.
- Sign-up for a maintenance agreement.
- Invest in a whole-home duct cleaning.
- Invest in a whole-home humidification system.
- Convert your home to zone heating and cooling.
- Upgrade toilets and faucets to low flow models.
- Invest in an energy audit.
- Install a smart thermostat.
Any one of these suggestions will not only provide you with peace of mind, but will also save you money on energy costs. Get your tax return working for you!
If you're not sure which option is right for you, call us today and one of our customer care representatives will walk you through viable options.
Last Updated: September 13, 2023