- Remove the air filter on the furnace and clean it out.
- If you have a humidistat, turn it from 35% to 0%.
- 24 hours before starting your air conditioning, turn the disconnect back on.
- Wash the condenser unit (that’s the unit outside your house). Set your hose nozzle for a fine spray of water and spray from the top down.
- Turn on your air conditioning and enjoy the cool comfort inside.
If you haven’t already, be sure to schedule a tune-up for your air conditioning before the heat of the season is in full swing. Annual maintenance improves efficiency and increases safety, comfort and reliability.