Warmer weather is finally here! But with April showers come spring cleaning and home maintenance. Spring may have you thinking about HVAC maintenance, as it should, but don’t forget about the effect spring can have on your plumbing system! Take the proper steps to ensure that your pipes, drains, and more are in tip top shape.
- Pour water into infrequently used drains to flush them out and check for clogs.
- Check exposed pipes for signs of leaks and damage from the winter weather.
- Pour water into your sump pump to ensure it’s working properly.
- Test your water meter before bed AND the next morning to see if any leaks may be present.
- Check your water heater for damage.
- Clear gutters and outside drains.
- Pull out your hose and check your outdoor water flow.
- Check connections to your refrigerator and any other appliances tied into your water.
- Include faucets and shower heads in your spring cleaning.
- Check that toilets properly flush and have no leaks.
Before the summer rush of school ending, vacations, 4th of July festivities, take care of you plumbing issues. The longer you avoid clearing that drain, the worse it can get. Drains that sit clogged too long can lead to big issues. Call A.J. Perri to take care of clogged drains and any other plumbing repairs, today!