If you stop and think about it, how satisfied are you with your Air Conditioner? If a better, younger, more efficient model came along- one that made less noise, cost you less money and took up less space, would you kick your old system out for a new one? If you answered ‘yes' to any of these questions, you are not alone. However, upgrading your air conditioner is a big commitment. Keep reading to determine if it is time to dump your old system.
Signs Its Time to Kick Your Old System to the Curb
• It costs too much to run. Newer air conditioners are much more efficient than they were as few as ten years ago. Legislation, today, requires a minimum SEER rating Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) of 13, which is 30% more efficient than the previous minimum of 10.
• It makes you sick. Older air conditioners, even when properly maintained, still harbor bacteria, dirt, mold and mildew. Newer models are clean and help you breathe easier.
• It turns on and turns right back off again. Newer, more efficient models are better at maintaining the temperature of your home. Your unit won't need to cycle off and on as often to cool your home that will save you money- AND energy too.
• It’ll last longer. Banish the fear that your system is going to quit working when you need it most. A newer model also won’t cost you time and money for unplanned emergency repairs.
• It’ll use less energy. More energy-efficient systems are better for the environment. Not only do they require less energy to run, they also use R-410A instead of R-22 (Freon), which is being phased out because it depletes the ozone layer.
Can you imagine how amazing your life will be once you get back all of the time, energy and money that your old air conditioner costs you? Give us a call today, and we will come right out to help you discuss your options, discreetly of course. We wouldn't want your old system to overhear.