Germicidal UV Lamps Keep Coils Free of Mold and Bacteria
- Kills bacteria & mold growing on the indoor coil
- Enhanced indoor air quality
- Silent operation
- Enhanced air flow
- Minimizes microbial build-up on coils
- Helps Improve system efficiency
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has cited indoor air pollution as one of the top five growing concerns in our country today. “As [we] spend most of [our] daily lives in homes, offices, schools, health care facilities or other buildings, the quality of the air [we] breathe indoors is critical for [our] health and well-being,” says Dr Srdan Matic, Unit Head, Noncommunicable Diseases and Environment at the WHO (World Health Organization, 2009).
Modern air sterilizers and whole-house duct cleaning can help improve your health and safety by eliminating molds, bacteria and germs from source and recirculated air, keeping your entire home cleaner and healthier.
The potential mold and bacteria growth on your air conditioning coils is a result of normal condensation that takes place during the cooling process. A UV Germicidal Lamp is designed to kill that mold and bacteria by breaking down its DNA. It uses a technology that has been trusted for over 60 years to kill microorganisms in water purification, the food processing industries, hospital operating rooms and more. The addition of a UV Lamp to your home comfort system can reduce your family’s risk of allergic reactions and illnesses as well as eliminate the foul odors associated with such growth on the coil.
A.J. Perri is proud to offer the Fresh-Aire UV APCO™, the next generation in IAQ improvement technology, designed to help sanitize the air and reduce VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) contamination in your home.
Fresh-Aire UV is recognized the world over as a leader in the areas of UV light disinfection and indoor air quality (IAQ). The APCO Fresh-Aire UV System recently won the 2011 AHR (International Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration) Expo Innovation Award.
Here are some of the benefits of UV Lamps …
- Health: 50% of illnesses (such as colds and flu, allergies and asthma) are caused or aggravated by mold, mildew, bacteria and fungi, according to the American College of Allergists.
- Comfort: You can enjoy a home free of odors that are caused by the growth of mold and mildew in your heating and cooling system.
- Equipment Protection: Mold and mildew can accumulate on your heating and cooling system making it work harder and longer. This can lead to untimely repairs as well as the need to replace your system long before you should have to.
- Energy Savings: A Whole-Home UV Germicidal Lamp saves you money on your utility bills by allowing your home comfort system to run less often, for shorter periods of time and at peak efficiency.
For more on this or any of our other products and services, please contact us. Don’t forget to ask us about our exclusive 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!