A clogged or slow drain may be annoying, but it doesn’t have to be a hard fix. There are quick and easy solutions to get water flowing again that you can try at home before calling in professional reinforcements. While they seem serious, many clogs are easier to resolve than you think. Most of these solutions involve things you have laying around your house.
- Boil some water. Hot water can break up many hard clogs. The hotter, the better.
- Use a plunger. Place a sink, or even toilet, plunger over your drain and plunge for a minute or two. This should help pull out anything that may not belong in your drain.
- Use dish soap on grease build up. If you accidentally let grease collect in your pipes, use a dish soap like Dawn, that cuts through grease.
- Make your own cleaner. Mix one-part baking soda and one-part vinegar. Together this mixture can break up some of the toughest clogs.
- Use your favorite soda. Pour a regular Coke or Pepsi down your pipes. They work just as well as Drain-O and are much safer around pets and children.
The best way to keep clogs out is to prevent them from clogging in the first place. Be sure to never pour grease or other potentially clogging materials down the drain and to try any of these DIYs as soon as your drain shows signs of slowing. Periodically test showers and sinks that are not frequently used to make sure they are properly draining.
If these hacks don’t work for your drain, contact us today to see what solutions we have to remedy your clog! We can provide video inspection to see exactly what is going on in your sewer and water lines. Don’t forget to ask us about our exclusive 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!