At A.J. Perri we want to be more than your home service provider. We want to be able to help you out when you have questions. And we hope to provide you with useful tools and information to help you around your home – from the useful tips & tricks in our blog articles to the helpful terms in our glossary.
We’re constantly coming across topics in which we think our customers might be interested. Our blog offers a variety of tips and topics we hope you’ll enjoy; from the best way to avoid plumbing clogs to tax credits that benefit New Jersey homeowners.
A.J. Perri sets the standard in quality Cooling, Heating, Indoor Air Quality, and Plumbing service in New Jersey. We strive to stand out in our business endeavors as well as our community efforts. Check out what all of the ‘hype’ is about
We have compiled a list of relevant and timely articles that focus on the Air Conditioning, Heating, Air Quality and Plumbing Industry. We put these articles on our website for the benefit of other homeowners. Our library of articles is growing, so check back regularly to see ‘what’s new’ in the business. These articles are collected from press releases, industry affiliations and local news outlets.
There are lots of projects you can do yourself around your home. Here is a helpful list we’ve compiled.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled these questions and answers in one place hoping they’ll be useful to you as well.
- How long does my air conditioner work?
- How long should my air conditioning system run in a cycle?
- How often should I have my system serviced?
- I am getting a foul odor from a bathroom in our basement. What can I do?
- I hear a rumbling sound coming from the water heater. What could cause this?
- I think I have a leaky toilet. How do I know if it leaks and what should I do?
- I think my toilet is leaking, is there any way to tell before I call a plumber?
- Is a chemical-based drain cleaner safe to use?
- My kitchen faucet sprays out the sides and the flow is less than normal. Do I need a new faucet?
- My plumbing and drain pipes rattle all of the time. What causes this and what can I do?
- Our home is so dry and uncomfortable in the winter. Is there anything we can do?
- Should I be concerned if my toilet is leaking?
- The heating and cooling system is not working well in several rooms in my home. What should I do?
- What are some great low-cost and no-cost ways homeowners can reduce energy costs?
- What are some indicators that I may have a plumbing leak?
- What are the advantages of a Tankless Water Heater vs. a Traditional Water Heater?
- What are the benefits of replacing my existing air conditioning system?
- What can I do in my home to insure cleaner, safer air for my family to breathe?
- What causes my faucet to drip?
- What Causes the White Residue on my Dishes?
- What is a good temperature to set my thermostat?
- What is a vent and what does it do?
- What kind of maintenance can be done manually?
- What regular maintenance do heating and air conditioning systems need?
- What should I do if my air conditioner will not come on?
- What should I do in case of an emergency like water dripping from my ceiling?
- When replacing the outdoor unit, do I need to replace the indoor unit as well?
- Why do I need to clean my filter regularly?
- Why does a plumbing system need a vent? Where is it located and what does it do?
- Why does my water heater run out of water quicker than it used to?
- Why is the upstairs of my house always hotter in the summer & cooler in the winter?
- Why should homeowners schedule annual maintenance inspection on their heating and cooling systems?
- Why should I replace my existing heating or air conditioning system?
- Why should you not use Liquid Plumber on a clogged toilet?
Money Saving Tips