Plumbing can be a complicated thing. With pipes and drains and valves, there are a lot of pieces that make up this intricate system. If there is an issue with one part of your plumbing, it can have a domino effect on your entire home. While there are small fixes any homeowner can do, some signs may point to bigger issues. You don’t have to be a plumber to notice these warning signs.
- Rattling pipes- This could be an indication that you have a loose pipe somewhere in your wall. It could also be an indication of water hammering or water pressure that is too high. All of these are fairly simple fixes.
- Smell- A foul smelling drain or toilet is likely one of two things. The smell could be due to mold or bacteria in your pipes, or it could be a larger sewer issue. If you smell rotten eggs, it is likely the latter.
- Slow drain- A clogged or partially clogged drain can cause all kinds of problems. For showers and sinks, you may be able to unclog the drain If it’s your main sewer drain, you will definitely want to consult a professional.
- Increased water bill- An increase in your water bill could be a result of having an additional person in your home. But if the number of occupants is unchanged, it could be cause for alarm. A running toilet or leak could be causing this increase.
- Discolored water- Depending on the color, the causes and repercussions vary. Discoloration could be due to rust, copper, lead, or zinc in your pipes. Another possible source could be your water heater, if the issue is only with hot water.
If you notice any of these warning signs, it may be time to call for back up, before water ends up in your living room. With years of experience an A.J. Perri plumber can quickly identify the problem and get your system running again. They can also catch any other issues that might be lurking in your pipes.
Contact us today to learn more about our plumbing repair services. Ask what upgrades might add efficiency and quality into your home.