2017 is practically here! And so are its home trends. Pantone already announced its color of the year, Greenery.
If you’re planning a remodel in the next year, you may want to keep these in mind.
- Shine is out and matte is in. When thinking about kitchen appliances, people will be opting for matte finishes over ones that shine.
- Marble is everywhere. Countertops, backsplashes, and even décor pieces are all featuring marble.
- Natural wood is everywhere. 2017 is all about seeing the natural grain of the wood.
- Along with Greenery, other rich colors, particularly jewel tones are taking over where pastels left off.
- No surprise, subway tile is still all the rage. From glass, to color, to oversized, this tile option is popular in both bathrooms and kitchens.
- Radiant floor heating.
- The one trend that isn’t going away: smart home. From charging docs in night stands to phone-controlled appliances.
An easy way to incorporate one of these trends into your home in 2017 is to upgrade your thermostat. A programmable thermostat can help lower your energy costs and increase your comfort. With more control over your home whether there or away, you can easily customize your environment to use less energy when no one is home, but warm up by the time you arrive from vacation or even work.
Contact us today to learn more about programmable thermostats or upgrading your HVAC or plumbing systems during your 2017 remodel.